Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hard Day's Work

Saturday at the Greenmarket was one of those days. By 9:00am, here's what had happened:

--I got chewed out by someone who claimed I was not at the market the week prior. I was. I would know, wouldn't I? I think I know where I am, usually.

--A woman berated me for not warning her that she should not put the aluminum can of syrup into the microwave to heat it up. "You should really tell people about that," she said. "Where have you been since the dawn of microwave technology?" I wanted to ask.

--Someone informed me that I could make a lot more money if only I had "better containers." I don't know what containers would be better. And she didn't suggest any, but just walked away.

--A father suggested that I be careful to sweep up the area around the candy jars so that children don't pick the tiny bits off the ground and eat them. Seriously.

No comments: