Friday, May 09, 2008

Look What I Bought!

A couple of weeks ago, something I can not explain drew me into the Salvation Army store. Moments later, I found myself gazing upon this gorgeous beast--an early 70s, Mediterranean-style sectional sofa in delicious green and gold. Plus, it still had all the horrible plastic covers for the seats and backs--so the upholstery is absolutely flawless. I had to have it, and an hour later it was in my apartment. Clearly, the pictures don't do it justice. You're all invited.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly the kind of sofa I would have loved to have had in the 70's but could not afford. It is, indeed, fabulous! All you need now is the gold shag carpet we did have.

parting the seams said...

i'm totally impressed by this find!
make sure the bad thing keeps his damn paws off of it. if he touches that sofa, i'll come down to nyc to give his lil' butt a spanking. i see many pictures of the bean being fabulous on the fabulous sofa in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should title this fabulous couch. It has the look of something that will play a major part in a more than one drama.

David said...

Holy shit! That's awesome!