Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Told Ya So

I found this quote in this interview Ani Difranco did with the Santa Cruz Sentinel. I offer it to you as evidence that what I was talking about--the rebirth, the back catalog--in the long Ani post a few days ago, is actually the case:
"My songs of a few years ago have a lot of melancholy and desperation, disillusionment and anger and shame. When I look into my bag of tricks to pick songs for this tour, the ones from three to five years ago are just too bleak.

But you've got to admit, things are looking up. The pendulum swing back to the left has just begun, and everywhere, there's criticism of the current regime. I feel like the atmosphere is very exciting right now. If we can all invest and believe in this change, it's gonna be awesome."

No comments: